Popular Posts

Monday, April 15, 2013

Autism Awareness Nails!

Sorry about the bad cell phone picture, my Canon has been acting up lately.
 
April is Autism Awareness Month; doing gel nails is more of a hobby for me than it is my full time job. I am a full time University student and I work as a behavioural therapist with four young boys all with autism spectrum disorder. I have been working with children with ASD for four or five years now and I love it. I love the boys I work with, they are each amazing, talented, kind individuals. 
 
 
 

Originally I wanted to have the letters A-U-T     I-S-M on the puzzle pieces, but at the same time, I feel that labeling autism and those with autism can be unfair. Instead I just used the symbolic puzzle pieces, and will explain to those that puzzle pieces are symbolic of autism awareness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment